Different colors and their shades have great influence not only on our mood, but also on out perception of space. If you know how to combine them properly, you can change your home in a surprising way using only your knowledge about cold and warm shades. The right proportion of colors will help you underline the strong points of your apartment as well as hide its drawbacks. These concise room painting ideas will alter your understanding of interior design!
- If you aren’t satisfied with the height of your ceiling, try painting it a different color. If you think it is too high and it makes you feel uncomfortable, use a darker paint than for the walls. And vise versa, if the ceiling seems to be very low, paint it a lighter shade to visually lift it up.
- Another way to deal with this issue is to paint your walls in stripes. Vertical stripes will make the walls look taller, while horizontal stripes will add length to the room.
- Interior paint colors can be successfully used to change the dimensions of your house. It is generally known that light shades visually expand the space while dark and saturated hues make it seem more confined. You should also mind the psychological effect of different colors. Intense warm colors are known for their invigorating impact, while fresh cold shades will give you a calm, relaxed mood.
- If your room is too small, you can create an illusion of extra space by choosing the same color for both the walls and the ceiling so that they blend together. Without distinct boundaries and sharp corners, it will look larger and also higher.
- This trick can also be used on a more global level. If your home lacks space and feels cluttered, choose the same palette for adjacent rooms. Much like the previous tip, it will soften the corners and visually prolong the
- A narrow room can be ‘fixed’ by painting the long side walls a bit lighter shades than the short end walls. This will visually expand the room and make it squarer.
- Tiny faults like unappealing trims or out-of-place décor elements can be rather irritating even if you are the only one to notice them. Luckily, those can easily be masked by painting them the same color as the However, if you like the details or architecture, why not emphasize them with a contrasting hue?
These amazing room painting ideas will help you change your house without turning it into a construction site! Once you are finished, it would be great to decorate your new home with some nice wall art. If you are a fan of stylish modern art, you should definitely visit the online gallery of Leonid Afremov at http://afremov.com/. Here you will find a great amount of bright and affordable impressionistic paintings that will immediately catch your eye! Add one of them to your collection and complete the miraculous transformation of your apartment!