In recent years, oversized art has become highly popular among interior designers. Either classic or modern, large pictures help to create a special feel in the place immediately attracting your attention as you walk into the room. However, without knowing how to use them properly, you won’t be able to achieve the desired effect. These tips will help you find a suitable large canvas for your apartment that will give it a new, brighter and cozier look.
- Keep the room uncluttered. Since large art takes up a great deal of the wall, you should keep it as free as possible. Ideally, it should be the only painting on the wall, with enough space separating it from other elements of interior design. Hang it at least 8-16 inches over the furniture to prevent the room from looking cluttered.
- Take clues from your art. A large painting will surely become the focal point of the room. To make it harmonize with the rest of the interior, add design elements that repeat its colors, style and geometry. You can even use the painting as a starting point for your entire room design!
- Create an art show. By surrounding a large picture with several smaller ones that echo its palette and theme, you can create an eye-catching arrangement that will make your interior more stylish and contemporary-looking. The rest of the paintings should be sized approximately 2/3 or 3/4 of the central art.
- Choose a frame. Selecting a frame for a large canvas is just as important as selecting the canvas itself. Look at the style and theme of your painting. Is it a classic landscape that will benefit from a heavy ornate frame or a modern abstraction that can be hung unframed?
- Don’t overdo it. Decorating your room with an oversized painting can give it a modern edge, but if you include too many of them, the space will look overloaded and uncomfortable. Keep the use of large art in your interior to a minimum by hanging only one or two such décor items per room.
Now that you know how to use large art in your interior correctly, all you have to do is choose a painting that suits it! If you haven’t made a decision yet, take a look at the art gallery of Leonid Afremov, a renowned Jewish impressionist, where you can view and buy his colorful palette knife paintings online at very affordable prices. Add more color and style to your room by decorating it with one of Leonid Afremov canvases!
Abstract canvas art